Where do artists get their ideas? Where do you get your ideas?
Artist also get ideas and inspiration from many different sources. They also have strong perseptual skills and vivid imaginations
They might pass by a pile of pebbles on the beach and see the shape of a snail.
An artist may see a simple boat docked in the water differently from other people. He or she might notice the grainy texture of the wood or the way the light plays upon the water's surface. Using their skills and talents, artists can bring images to life in unique and creative ways. Sometimes, artists rely on more than their imaginations for artistic ideas. Let's explore some different sources for inspiration.
Here are some sources of ispiration.......
1. Nature Many artists are inspired by nature and what they see in the outdoors and world aroud them.
2. Myths and Legends Some artists borrow ideas from liturature or legends. The anonymous artist, who made the painting on the left, based his work on the story of Saint George and the Dragon. The other painting was made 500 years later by Raphael. Can you see the difference in their styles?
Here are some other examples of famous people and events that have been recreated. Myths and legends have been used as a source since man first started to make art.
3. Other Artists Artists of different times have influenced later generations of artists. Sometimes artists were directly taught by other artists and served as an apprentice.
4. Historical events and Political Issues Historical events and political issues have influenced artists. Many paintings, photographs, and sculptures have captured and recorded important moments in American and world history. They also communicate political messages and inform the public of social issues.
5. Cultures Many artists use their skills to create objects and images that express cultural values and beliefs.These include spiritual or religious beliefs. The elaborate costume below is worn during a special ceremony to honor deceased ancestors of the Yoruba people.
Many individuals and organizations can hire artists to create works of art. Such employers are called Patrons. Patrons of the arts are sponsors or supporters of an artist or art-related event. Look carefully at the artwork below. Do you notice the two figures in the mirror? These were the artist's patrons. They were the king and queen of Spain in 1656. Why do you think the artist included them in the artwork?
Our own Indian painted in the gym was a commissioned painting.
Now let's write an Extended Response to this question...
Write the sentence below as your main idea or prompt. It was restated from the question above.
1. Sentence One
Artists get ideas from many different sources.
Now.... how do we know where artists get their ideas. We know that artists get different ideas because we just learned about 6 different sources. You can write the sentence below as your main idea or prompt too. You choose the sentence you like best. OR There are six major sources for artist inspiration.
2. Sentence Two Think about the 6 artistict sources of inspiration that we just learned about. Where did you get this information? (proof) Write the beginning of the sentences below or write your own sentence beginnings.
The lesson taught____________________. What did the presentation say? What was the main idea of the lesson? What did it teach you? What did you learn?
3.Sentence Three Think about what we just saw and read about.... Explain what you saw....
Explain or interpret your above sentence. How do you know where artists get their ideas from? Give examples of where artist get ideas!!!
This implies that________________________.
4. Sentence Four
Where do you get your ideas from? (I know)
I get ideas from_________________________.
5. Sentence Five Write an example of what you learned from the lesson as proof for your own ideas.
The lesson taught_____________________.
6. Sentence Six Write another sentence about your own creative experiences. Are there any simularities or differences to what was taught in the lesson.
7. Sentence Seven The final sentence should be a concluding sentence recaping what you said above. Rewrite your prompt.